Re: Noid-any idea what this old one might be

  • Subject: Re: Noid-any idea what this old one might be
  • From: cseggen1@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 14:17:19 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/2008 11:44:31 A.M. Central Daylight Time, richter@eecs.berkeley.edu writes:
With the usual caveats about ID-ing iris from pictures,
Indian Chief (Ayres 1929) is a strong contender.
The color, beard, and haft markings look right,
and it's a very strong grower - one of those
hard-to-kill iris.
Thank you.  A Maybe is better than a NOID.  I am a 'grow them for fun' rather than a hybirdizer so name is not all that important...I do like to know the name if I have it but it is not a necessity.

Connie Eggen
Zone 5
Warsaw,Mo