HYB: SDB: E. Hall Sdlg X "Blue For Sue"

  • Subject: HYB: SDB: E. Hall Sdlg X "Blue For Sue"
  • From: Cordesview <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 11:31:35 -0400

Good Morning everyone!

It's almost afternoon, but that's how long it takes for the weather to warm up here in Michigan! It's been a full week of near freezing temperatures, and it's slowed EVERYTHING down . . . iris-speaking, of course!

These seedlings aren't much as far as flower form goes, but I will tell you they were just beginning to open.

First 2 photos are the same flower, with photos taken in shade and in sun. I like the blue-blush-band (!) around the beard. Even better yet, is that two of the stalks in this 2-yr-old clump have FOUR buds . . . one branch and a spur, I think. It is still within SDB height. A good thing, right???

The last photo is a sibling that shows Blue veined haft marks . . . I thought it was pretty.

Nothing worth introducing (which I plan on doing . . . . someday . . . ), but I'll definitely work with 'em!

Adam~

JPEG image

B16 series
E. Hall Sdlg X BLUE FOR SUE
FOUR buds on stalk

JPEG image

B16 series
E. Hall Sdlg X BLUE FOR SUE (shade photo)

JPEG image

B16 series
E. Hall Sdlg. X BLUE FOR SUE