In the fall of 2005 I had one stalk of Renown to bloom. It was late and
nothing else was blooming. I froze the pollen.

Late in the spring of 2006 a new seedling bloomed. It was 1708-03. The
standards are more pink than shows here.

Parents are Sweet Musette X Memphis Miss.

I went to the freezer and took out Renown pollen. I placed it on the
table for an hour to let it reach room temperature. Then I pollinated
1708-03 with the freezer pollen. It took.

2107-01 is one of the resulting seedlings. It is almost exactly what I
expected. Another is purple but more to the red side. Both have good

My thought here is to "build" a pink rebloomer from a new direction.
The goal is to cross back to pink reblooming irises. The trick is to
find another pink, preferably one that reblooms. None of my pink
seedlings have been fertile this spring. Early freezes? Who knows.

Betty Wilkerson
Bridge In Time Iris
Zone 6