Re: HYB Mystery solved-finally

  • Subject: Re: HYB Mystery solved-finally
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 23:30:55 -0400

Bumble Bee X I. variagata reginea makes a lot of sense. I have done
similar crosses and got similar results.

I ususally find several mislabled crosses each year. It happens. The
more crosses you make the more often it happens.

Great seedling from Colette Thurillet X Persona. I'm glad you are
testing fertility with dips and tets.
While most seeds of Tet pollen on dips are tets, most seedlings from
crosses of dips on Tets are triploid. Or at least that is how it

Chuck Chapman

Re: HYB Mystery solved-finally

Posted by: "loic tasquier"

Fri May 23, 2008 9:32 pm (PDT)

Thanks Chuck for the advice, i did it all!

I think you are right, the sdlgs are MTBs, and there must have been a
swap of labels. The second sdlgs has opened and I'm pretty sure it's
(Bumble Bee X Variegata Regina) instead of (Bumble Bee X Hot).

They look like it anyway, and i remember i also made that cross at the

For (Fiesta Fling X "High Master") sdlg, it's the only one, so it's
hard to tell. But like Vicki said, a bee must have come there first!

So I've ridiculed myself again, but i don't care.

One always learn from mistakes : It has made a few things clearer in my
head, (thanks to you mostly!), and might have given some food for
thoughts to some others.

There is still (TB-Colette Thurillet X Persona) to open.......and it
looks much bigger than a MTB................suspense!