Re: HYB: Breeding for turquoise?

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Breeding for turquoise?
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 14:45:38 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/2008 12:14:20 PM Mountain Daylight Time, tesilvers@yahoo.com writes:
Any thoughts on what I'm seeing? Is it wishful
thinking? Is there maybe a copigment that is only
being expressed in the style arms of these particular
seedlings? And don't be afraid to "rain on my parade",
I can take it. ;0)
Have you examined them using a magnifying glass or hand-held microscope?  Even 10X helps, but 30X really shows the blend of pigments.  Years ago, I did a lot of work with greens and your photos remind me of some of the blended colors I got when multiple pigments were present.  The hot New Mexico sun burns off some exposed pigments, andI observed that the protected style arms did retain the color better than the exposed falls.
Sharon McAllister