Re: Re: HYB: Breeding for turquoise?

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: Breeding for turquoise?
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:53:19 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/2008 7:22:40 AM Mountain Daylight Time, tesilvers@yahoo.com writes:
Do you have any
images that show the greens that you were working
with? I'm guessing that they're arilbreds. Did you
give up on that line, or just put it on the back
Thank you.  Yes that image clearly shows the color/pattern you were describing and there is certainly some similarity to the style arm markings I have seen in arilbreds.  I don't think I have any closeups, but will check my scans.  (Plowing through decades of slide and print files is a bit more than I can tackle these days.)
My hybridizing is now limited to an occasional suggestion when I visit the Browns, who have all of my selected seedlings.  Rather than saying the line has been put on the back burner, I'd say that the torch has been passed.
Sharon McAllister