  • Subject: RE: Crosswbow-wasCAN THEY CHANGE TO A DIPLOID?
  • From: "Impressive Irises" <colleen@impressiveirises.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 08:20:51 +0930

Hi Mike

Here’s what is in Crossbow

Crossbow (triclopyr ester + 2,4-D ester). Crossbow is a prepackaged mixture of two herbicides used as a foliar spray to control brush at full leafout from the spring through September. Crossbow plus diesel fuel is useful as a stump spray and a basal bark treatment. For best results from the basal bark treatment, apply to brush stems less than 6 inches in diameter during winter or early spring. For better control of regrowth from larger trees, cut larger trees and treat the stumps. Crossbow is a good general brush control product which controls or suppresses the growth of some oaks, locust, willow, blackberries, and mulberry. It provides poor foliar control of sassafras and persimmon.

I’d be very reluctant to use anything containing 2,4-D as neurological researchers I used to work with think it is implicated in long term neurological damage

Colleen Modra

Adelaide Hills

South Australia