Re: HYB: KUPARI X rubromarginata

  • Subject: Re: HYB: KUPARI X rubromarginata
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 04:30:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Donald,
I have been enjoying them a lot. And now with some other KUPARI offspring starting to bloom right below them on the hill, the air there is sweetly perfumed. As far as feeding, the soil is relatively poor clay and I don't fertilize at all. So I think they're most happy about the good drainage (being on a slope) and also that until the past month or so, they haven't had to compete with many weeds - I had been pretty diligent in keeping that area weeded until lately.
The other factor may be... I've been noticing that several of the dwarf species which have low bud counts per stalk, make up for the low budcount by sending up an incredible density of stalks per unit area.
Take care, Tom
Donald wrote:
What are these fellows eating? Those clumps are loaded with bloom. Must be really nice to see for real.