From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
To: iris photos <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2009 7:17:31 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: Input please

This seedling has me befuddled.

I can't say that I like it in the bed.  In general I like this range of pink, but I think the yellow at the hafts detracts from the bloom in person.  I think it looks better in the picture.

According to notes the cross is: WHAT'S UP DOC X Bill Tyson's 93-25-3(light blue and tan BC).  The two plants used to be neighbors... so I think "it was there".

I am intrigued that this color has come out of this cross.  I am also intrigued with that wash, or rim or whatever it is called.  About 7 buds, I'm guessing it's between 28" and 36".  I am also intrigued by the electric blue veining in the standards, which only shows slightly in the midrib in the picture.  It also has more ruffling than most of my seedlings.

Does anybody see anything, or know anything from experiece... or just have an opinion...  Obviously, it would only be a reselect... but is it even that much?

If I kept it I would probably cross it with Striped Red Neglecta, and 05-086-01, 05-119-12, 05-049-12 (the red seedlings from last season) and 05-110-02 (bright fuscia pink with electric blue flash below beards) and 05-119-09 (muddy russet orange with blue flash at end of beard).

Hmmm, maybe just cast some pollen around..  What do you guys think?

Christian