Re: SPEC: Clown Pants clump

  • Subject: Re: SPEC: Clown Pants clump
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 10:11:19 -0400

I did <think> about daubing with it, but with all the crummy weather,
figured it was a lost cause. My thought was to put pollen from IC1 (the
cycle reblooming amoena from IMM X CSONG) that has ridiculous bud count,
but no chance. Maybe Loic will do it ;-)

I'm not <quite> ready to abandon the quest to make a few modern TBs that
thrive here no matter the weather...

You are indeed brave to want to send more of your children to near
certain death here in the vale - MTBs really hate it here. Then again,
I expected CLOWN PANTS to die here, so maybe they would do ok.

I was very surprised to see that "little Timmie" (my own nickname for
spec-x timofe... whatsis) is still alive out there. One tiny scrap of
it and another tiny scrap of I. variegata Beardsley each put up a
bloomstalk this year. It's another real cutie pie.

<Did I mention I've just
registered two reblooming MTB's from it? They're increasing, but
there's not enough of either of them to introduce yet. Still, I might be
able to send a little piece if you'd like to try one out.>
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8