RE: PHOTO: SPECIES VARIANT: I. stolonifera "White Flag"

  • Subject: RE: PHOTO: SPECIES VARIANT: I. stolonifera "White Flag"
  • From: "Dana Brown" <ddbro@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 18:07:11 -0500

Absolutely stunning!!!

Dana D. Brown
Director ASI
AIS, ASI, MIS, RIS, SPIS, TBIS
Malevil Iris Gardens & Kennels
www.malevil-iris.com
Lubbock, TX  79403
Zone 7 USDA, Zone 10 Sunset
ddbro@sbcglobal.net
Home of
Merrimac's Amarula CGC, TDI
Ch, Merrimac The Agean CGC, TDI, CD, RA

From: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Elmsterj@aol.com
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 2:21 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Here is a photo of a variant of I. stolonifera that Janis Ruksans of Latvia sells as I. stolonifera "White Flag."  The center of the standards are white and mostly devoid of any of the magenta and blue coloring that stolonifera usually exhibits.  I'm using this in my work with regelias, hoping in the seedlings to subdue the dominant blue/purple/magenta coloring that is dominant.  There are 2 photos in this email.

Elm

First, the original species known as I. stolonifera Maxim.

And so you can see the variation in the standard coloring: I. stolonifera "White Flag"

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!