PHOTO: I. hoogiana: beautiful variant

  • Subject: PHOTO: I. hoogiana: beautiful variant
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 15:06:21 EDT

Hello all.....

    Oftentimes, when a person selects a variant of a species, the common gardener cannot tell the difference between the two plants because there so often is so little difference.  That is not the case of Janis Ruksan's selection of an I. hoogiana variant that he calls I. hoogiana "Blue Mount".  Below is a photo of the regular I. hoogiana, followed by a photo of "Blue Mount."

Elm

I. hoogiana:

Below: I. hoogiana "Blue Mount":  This is a stunning beautiful blue color.