Star Gate child

This picture was taken for my own records.  Not really intended for public consumption, but . . .

Yaquina Blue X Star Gate  (2029-01) Best.  Did not set pollen from Rippling River this year.  But then very few crosses took in all the rain.

Star Gate first bloomed in Alvaton. Cross made in 1991.  As all know, it takes a while to determine the worth of a rebloomer.  SG is quite fertile both ways (in the home garden.)  I now know that Star Gate is really good at passing on rebloom.  I also know that I prefer the form it gives when used as a pollen parent.

2029 was made in 2005, but planted out in 2007 before we knew about the droughts.  It 2005 crosses were watered with soaker hoses, but still showed great signs of stress over the next 2 years.  I thought the 2029 seedlings were all dead, but apparently a couple of the seedlings were simply dormant.

This is the best as to strength.  Good height, branching etc..

Linda, this one is definitely for you!

Betty W.