Late bloom season

  • Subject: Late bloom season
  • From: "Michael Sutton" <orders@suttoniris.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 09:54:03 -0700

been noticing that our bloom season has been getting latter and latter for the past 8 years or so.  we aren't under an urban heat island effect, don't know if that is leading to the latter springs and cooler winters.....anyway....these two flowers didn't start their bloom cycle until the first week of May and both are still going with more buds to open, peak bloom time used to be around April 15th, now it is around the 23rd of April.  The first will be introduced next year, not sure what to do with the second (rose colored amoena).
Mike Sutton

JPEG image

JPEG image