2nd year seedling

  • Subject: 2nd year seedling
  • From: "Kelly D. Norris" <kellydn@frontiernet.net>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 22:34:32 -0500

I think I posted this last year.  Form looks better this year, hence re-post.  This is a second year clump of 21-032B1 from a cross of Conjuration x Let’s Boogie.  Show bench branching displayed above low foliage.  Stalks are very sturdy (held up in three straight days of 30-50 mph winds earlier this week).  8 buds on every stalk.

Good vigor too.  Set several pods last year with TBs and BBs so can’t wait to look at the offspring next year.

--kdn

Horticulturally,

Kelly D. Norris

Farm Manager, Rainbow Iris Farm

Co-Editor, Bulletin of the American Iris Society

Bedford & Ames, IA

Zone 4b/5a

www.kellydnorris.com

Twitter: rainbowirisfarm