Re: Umbrata

  • Subject: Re: Umbrata
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:53:01 -0400

Yes, I was just making up a word, thinking of the opposite of 'luminata'
(luminous, bright light in the heart of the bloom) & came up with
'umbrata' (shadow).

What I had in mind is actually various versions of the variegata
pattern, those with a light ground color and a large dark 'spot' on the
falls. i.e., white ground, blue fall spot, white rim, like WABASH;
yellow ground, red fall spot, yellow rim, like typical variegata color;
pink ground, red-purple fall spot, pink rim like CAMELOT ROSE.

What I had in mind was patterns with a distinct, sharp edged spot, not a

Missed the original question - most of the recent photo files are too
big and slow to download on my new computer (have no idea why the new
modem is so much slower than my old one & neither does my ISP), so I'm
skipping most of them till I can get to the libary.

Linda Mann