Re: Re: Kansas City National - Spec & Spec-X #5

  • Subject: Re: Re: Kansas City National - Spec & Spec-X #5
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 10:05:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jim,

I was in your garden on Saturday.  I saw the I. graminea and the I. halophila but missed the other two.  Wish I had seen them as well.  I was told that I. halophila was a spuria species but don't remember I. graminea being identified as one.  I was just given the species name.

Your garden was fantastic!  Really loved the bamboo hideaway - a great idea.  Can you ID the two types of bamboo I noticed there?  One was very pink and the other (surrounding the sitting area) I believe may have been Black Bamboo.

All your plants were wonderful, including the sand box with the great very tiny succulents.  I took a ton of pictures around your place.  So many of the plants were ones I was not familiar with.  My climate in Southern California being so very different from yours.  Last night the weatherman said that we were still 8 inches down for the season (which is over already) and we only average 13-15 in a normal one.  All your plants look so vigorous and lush.  Ours are very unhappy with our tignt water restrictions.

Thank you for letting us visit your fantastic place.

By the way, can you please identify this plant from your yard?  I believe it may be the seed pods forming on a peony but I am not sure.
Thanks,

Jan in Chatsworth