Re: SDLG: 42-051V

Griff and Kelly,

I think that this beautiful iris is too elegant for Joker.  I thought a upgrade to 'Jester' but it is taken along with 'Jester's Crown' and a few others.  However, 'Jester's Hat' is not taken.  The horns remind me of the hat they wear.

Jan in Chatsworth

From: J. Griffin Crump <jgcrump@cox.net>
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 10:15:22 AM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SDLG: 42-051V

Kelly  --  The name "Joker" sprang to mind when I saw this one, but I checked, and ít's long gone.  What a riot of color!  --  Griff

Griffin's Den
www.pilmore. com/griffinsden

Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:41 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] SDLG: 42-051V

Had this interesting seedling open up this afternoon from a cross of Last Laugh x Secret Service.  Bud count is 7 and could use another spur or short branch.  But it’s maiden bloom so we’ll see what happens…increase seems slow-ish too.

--kdn

Horticulturally,

Kelly D. Norris

Farm Manager, Rainbow Iris Farm

Co-Editor, Bulletin of the American Iris Society

Bedford & Ames, IA

Zone 4b/5a

www.kellydnorris. com

Twitter: rainbowirisfarm