Spuria growth mystery

I have had spuria bloom stalks develop a side growth 3 or 4 inches above the ground.  One I cut off and planted.  The other I ignored.  This was several years ago and I really don't know what happened.  But today when I was taking the photos of my seedlings I noticed this odd growth.

This one is on a stalk about 7 or 8 inches above the ground and has at least 6 full sized spuria plants (at least 3 feet tall and several leaves on each) but growing outward from the central point.  I am not sure the best thing to do.  I think I will leave it for now to see what it does.  I am curious to see if any of it will bloom, etc.  But later, should I leave it alone, cut it off the stalk and plant the whole thing (remember, the only rhizome is at the base of the stalk), or ??

Suggestions, thoughts, etc. welcome.

Jan in Chatsworth

JPEG image

JPEG image