Re: Spuria seedlings #2
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Spuria seedlings #2
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 08:43:31 -0500

Very nice seedlings, Jan.

I've only recently started "collecting" spuria iris, so only 3 have bloomed here so far.  From what I could see on your pictures re spuria mystery growth, it looks like a proliferation, as sometimes happens on daylilies.  If it has enough roots to support it, I'd cut it off and pot it up.  Otherwise, after the parent stalk blooms, I'd bend the stalk to the ground and pin it there and see if it takes.

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3