Re; Spuria growth mystery
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re; Spuria growth mystery
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 16:16:43 EDT

Jan,

    I have had a similar experience with new growth starting up stalks, but my experience was with daylilies.  What I did was to keep looking for little roots to start showing on the small plants on the stalk.  When the roots appeared, I cut the stalk and then left a little section of the stalk on either side of the plants.  Then I planted them, and they grew.  The mother plant was yellow; the babies were sports, apparently, as they bloomed red.

Elm