ADMIN: Photo Sizes
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: ADMIN: Photo Sizes
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 22:25:30 -0700

All,

I think it is time for one of my periodic reminders about picture sizes (well, actually the size of the file) that are sent to the  iris-photos list.

Please remember that some people do not have fast internet connections. 50KB or smaller is the recommended size for pictures sent to the list and lots of folks get them under 40KB, even as small as 25 KB, and they still display just fine on the computer monitor.

My process is to use a program like Photoshop, Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Picture It, or one of many others, to first set the picture to 72 dpi, then resample the image to approximately 4 X 5 inches and when I save it, set the jpg compression high to get the file size down to what I want. Setting the dpi and the picture size lets me control the display size.

If you want to send multiple pictures in the s! ame message, please limit your total message size to 200KB.

Thanks

John