Re: HYB: Honky Tonk Blues X Iris junonia
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Honky Tonk Blues X Iris junonia
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 05:42:35 -0400

I went hunting for info on junonia (didn't recognize the name), in the
archives, saw the photo you posted a year or so ago (ugly little dude),
and a blue one posted by Elm, plus the suspected seedling & a little

Is this another diploid median type? Hard to tell from the photos but it
looks sort of IB sized? Then again, the suspected aphylla seedling
looks pretty big.

Are you mostly exploring/experimenting, or does it have something in
particular you are trying to pick up to add to the modern TB gene pool?

I guess I'm sort of asking the same question.

<Did junonia contribute anything identifiable in terms of plant growth
and habits that you can tell? Donald Eaves>

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7