AB: (MOHR PRETENDER x DESERT DIAMOND) X SURPASSING YELLOW
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AB: (MOHR PRETENDER x DESERT DIAMOND) X SURPASSING YELLOW
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 18:14:46 -0500

Well, checking on pods this a.m. I found a new bloom stalk on this curious
cross. I consider it repeat bloom since first bloom finished up a couple of
weeks ago. That's if the heat doesn't fry it. Too often the case on
anything that tries to bloom this late. This odd cross I made for reasons
mostly concerning curiosity about some plant growth adjustments has
surprised me. It looked better than I expected and five of the six
seedlings that bloomed have pods. I didn't expect good fertility here and
didn't try for pods much. Mostly on a whim. But after 4 had pods that were
clearly developing, I tried again on the last two and one took.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b,, USA

JPEG image