  • Subject: HYB:REB:Sharing:More
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 13:31:52 -0400

Still in the spirit of sharing--

Cross 2114:
1810-12re (((((Victoria Falls x Vanity) x Immortality) x Love Lines))) x (Feed Back x Champagne Elegance) x Light Rebuff) X 1814-02Re(Radiant Bliss x Summer Radiance)
I hope I've got all of the brackets right.  (Most of these seedlings have rebloomed some)
I feel I should apologize for even posting these seedlings!  Many things were disappointing in this cross.  All of the seedlings were yellow, except two.  I used two yellow seedlings so this was expected.  The form regressed a bit.  Selection of seedling again.  Not the best choice of the possibilities.  (only one available at the time . . . late in the season.)  Sort of an afterthought.
One dark bi-tone seedling.  Reddish.  I kinda like it.
Since the very beginning, I'd wondered what the chances were of pulling a pink out of this mess.  I was quite busy as I worked my way down the garden and when I raised my eyes to this clump--there it stood!  A pink seedling.  No denying it.  It has the same form as the others.  (ugly and retro)

Here is proof that the pinks can hide but they don't always disappear!
Betty Wilkerson
Bridge In Time Iris Garden