AB: old sdlg
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AB: old sdlg
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 21:40:09 -0500

This seedling first bloomed year before last and nearly bloomed out. I was
more careful with it than most plants since it's one of those derived from
an OGB- parent, the cross being EL GIGANTE X either CLOSE CONTACT or
CONCERTO GROSSO. It's made a decent clump now and I still like the bloom.
A very silky finish and really red, much redder than the photo indicates.
Unfortunately it has aborted a pod with half-formed seeds in it. That's
what it did the first year. I think, with patience, it will set seeds.
Maybe. It has pollen, but so far nothing has worked using the pollen.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image