Re: TB: (SKATING PARTY x LUMIERE D'AUTOMNE) X TELEPATHY
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: TB: (SKATING PARTY x LUMIERE D'AUTOMNE) X TELEPATHY
  • From: Impressive Irises <colleen@impressiveirises.com.au>
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 12:31:07 +0930

Hi Donald

If I kept this one it would only be for breeding for the pattern. Form looks rather sad and droopy.

Colleen

Donald Eaves wrote:

I'm tossing things now. Can't decide whether to toss this and a sibling or
not. I liked the color and pattern here, but not enough to save it. What
makes me hesitate was the branching on the two plants. Branching and bud
count don't happen much in my location no matter what the R&I says they do.
So when a plant manages branching and lots of buds that actually bloom
instead of drying up in the bud, I take notice. Does this pattern have a
name? I'd have liked this a lot better except somehow it just didn't work.
The hafts were too narrow for one thing, but overall there's just something
not quite right to my eye besides that. True for the sibling as well.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA