Fw: sdlg 083E22
  • Subject: Fw: sdlg 083E22
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 15:07:48 -0400

Despite my best efforts, the computer reversed the order in which I thought I was posting the photos, so just read backwards . . . or turn the computer upside down . . . or stand on your head, whichever is easier.  --  Griff
Griffin's Den
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 2:59 PM
Subject: HYB: sdlg 083E22

At the Oklahoma City convention in 2007, I pointed out my Lavender Interlude to Fred Kerr and asked his advice about what to do with it, since it was, in my opinion, a good iris, but the flower form was, by then, dated.  His answer: "What are your goals?"  After thinking about it, I decided that it needed a really strong dose of ruffles, so I crossed it with Keith Keppel's Sea Power.  Here are Lavender Interlude and two photos of a resulting seedling, 08322.  The second shot of 08322 is to better show the silver/cream flush in the standards that matches the edge of the falls. --  Griff

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image