Re: HYB: TB: HoM X Jazz Band & yellow bands
  • Subject: Re: HYB: TB: HoM X Jazz Band & yellow bands
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 17:49:19 -0400

Thanks a bunch, Chuck. I <think> I actually got that now. It sure
helps to have grown a bunch of seedlings by now so I can often dredge up
examples from my own breeding experiments. Makes it a lot less
abstract. Only one or two anthocyanin bands have shown up so far, but
that fits what you say - so far, except for JAZZ BAND, haven't found any
with bands (3 or 4 I(s)) that have lived here long enough to join the
gene pool. & few third generations from zonal things so far.

Do the yellow/pink pigments in that pattern group follow the same rule?
hmm.. from the Kiwi Cheesecake crosses with pinks & yellows, I'm
seeing a lot of yellow "amoenas", a few pink "amoenas", a very few
yellow "neglectas", but I don't think anything with bands yet.

Found two yellow banded seedlings - blurry photo of "barhom": (unknown
variegata X HARVEST OF MEMORIES) and IC4 "cream weed" : (IMM x CSONG) X

<A neglecta is an amoena with one dosage of Anthocyanin enhancement.

Two Is have a white area around beard. Three and four go to rims, but
different amounts of rim..

Of course there are interactions with Ae (anthocyanin enhancement) genes.

If four Is than you won't get any solid anthocyanin flowers. Half will
have no anthocyanin if HOM has one dosage of I. More will be solid
cartenoid if more IS in HoM.

In a thumbnail. Chuck Chapman>

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7

JPEG image