AB: an anomaly
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AB: an anomaly
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 08:22:45 -0500

Blooming today and being ripped around by the wind. This sort of late
bloomstalk is rare under my growing conditions. The fuzzy looking bud in
the foreground is a sibling also putting up another bloomstalk and there is
still another new AB seedling doing it as well. I'm surprised this one
managed to bloom without drying up and wonder if the other two will manage
to bloom. It's really not a trait I'm especially fond of seeing because of
the failure rate of the stalks. Seems a waste. Maybe if it ever rains the
desert beyond will green up a bit. A case where weeds would be nice. The
little tannish dots on the barren ground are the latest crop of oak leaves
that the wind has ripped out of the trees. The ground pretty much looks
like early fall when the leaves first begin to drop. Can you tell I'm
really tired of all the wind?

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA