Re: Two for me! One unusual!!
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Two for me! One unusual!!
  • From: "flatnflashy" <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 01:38:33 -0000

The pink one is not a flat. Flats mostly go flat immediately.. not a few days later.

Having said that, the giveaway on your pink it that there are creases across the midribs of all three standards. They are not sharp creases, probably because the bloom has less than waxy substance but they are there. This bloom has merely suffered less obvious wind damage because of the "willow principle" It has more ability to bend with the wind than a more substantial iris.