6 beards! and not a flatty
  • Subject: 6 beards! and not a flatty
  • From: Paul Archer <pharcher@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 17:54:34 -0400 (EDT)

I've noticed some very sparse beards on the insides of the standards of some varieties and seedlings. We know this trait is common in Regelia hybrids. But here it is in a TB and it is not a flat form like 'Six Pack' or others. On this seedling you don't have to look very hard to see them they are just small and deep within the flower.

Imagine what another set of beards could do for the shorter classes?!

I'm making crosses using wide and dense beards of intense colors to select for more substantial _expression_ of the beards on the standards. It's a good grower too.