Hey All!

Finally, some of the first seedlings of this year. In my climate, we just had snow last weekend, and freezing temps which turned a LOT of my seedling median buds to MUSH.

I saved this blue one before the snow storm . . . it had the smokey characteristics while yet in the bud stage, so I picked it! Then I wasn't so impressed after it opened. But, it's closer in color and pattern to its pollen parent, Dime, than the rest of it's 80+ siblings .... they all carry the pumila-spot of Cat's Eye.

The last seedling survived where it was planted. Not the best, but I'm happy right now for any SDB that blooms!!!

Adam~ :-)

JPEG image

Cat's Eye X Dime

JPEG image

JPEG image

Adam Cordes
<x-tad-smaller>President - Mio Irisarians</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Region 6</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>Zone 4 (and a half . . .</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>J</x-tad-smaller><x-tad-smaller>)</x-tad-smaller>