Re: [iris] Re: TB: question - colorfast yellows?
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [iris] Re: TB: question - colorfast yellows?
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:15:49 -0400

Linda -- I can't tell you if it's colorfast in other climates, because
it's one of my older seedlings that has never left the garden. I've
neglected it because of my relative disinterest in yellows. Nonetheless,
its intensity has always spared it when I come around with the culling tool.
The cross is Clearfire X Fringe of Gold. You might be interested in their
appearance. See below. The Clearfire photo is taken from Dave's Garden and
is credited to Sharondippity -- a very representative photo. This
seedling (Sdlg 952Z1) is a long, strong bloomer and one of the last to
remain blooming as the season ends. My guess is that, since it is colorfast
here, it will probably be so in your area, as well. You're welcome to a
piece, if you like. -- Griff