HYB: PBF on regelia hybrid seedlings
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: HYB: PBF on regelia hybrid seedlings
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 01:46:13 EDT

When these seedlings germinated in March, they took right off growing like weeds.  They are regelia hybrids, a cross between 2 regelias.  The PBF comes from their mama, I. hoogiana.  I was not aware of the PBF until I took them out of their 3 inch pots to transplant them to a larger pot.  What a surprise, and what fun to see that color at the base of the leaves.  (These seedlings were 6 weeks old and still were attached to the seeds for their nourishment when I did this.  You can note how I always dump my seeds together when I plant the seeds, no matter what kind of seeds they are.  I get much better germination doing this,)  Of course I had to grab the camera!

Elm