RE: HYB: Black stems
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: RE: HYB: Black stems
  • From: David Ferguson <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 22:32:20 -0600

Looks like good progress in the right direction.  Striking plant!

Dave

To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
From: tesilvers@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:21:35 -0700
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: Black stems

This one seedling (from 4 Iris aphylla 'Balascuta' X 'Honky Tonk Blues' and about a dozen of the reverse cross) is showing the dark stems of 'Balascuta'.

I'd hoped to combine the dark stems with the nice purple based foliage (PBF) of 'Honky Tonk Blues' and it has done that to a degree, but some of the non-dark-stem siblings have better _expression_ of PBF.

I'm trying pollen of 'American Sweetheart' (another strongly PBF iris) on this one right now.

Shooting for all purple foliage if it wasn't obvious ;0)

Tom