Re: I aphylla var Romanian?
  • Subject: Re: I aphylla var Romanian?
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 09:43:59 EDT

It may sound far-fetched, but the flower form, foliage and stalk remind me of I. darwasica.  It may be a trick of the lighting, but in the closeup its pollen even appears to have a hint of color often found in regelias.  Does it have the telltale beard hairs on the inside of the standards?  (Not a full beard, just a few sparse hairs at the base.)
Sharon McAllister