Re: Re: HYB: SDB (MDB?) seedling AP22
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: SDB (MDB?) seedling AP22
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 21:34:03 -0500

When I did my evening walkabout a little while ago, I checked on a few MDB's that I noticed earlier had a 2nd bud, although not consistently throughout the entire clump.  I don't recall noticing this before, but I really wasn't paying that close attention, unless trying to id an MDB.  I have at least 2 clumps of each of these, all around the garden and both clumps have extra buds on some stalks.

We had an early 3 wks of spring in April, followed by 3 wks of cold rainy weather, now back to very hot for the last week.

On many MDB's, the spent bloom was still in place, with the new bud about to open, so I'm certain these had an extra bud:

Velvet Toy, Sparky, Sun Dabs, Bugsy (had 2 extra buds), Humbug, Dunlin, Royal Bee, Gizmo, Blue Wind, Spot of Tea, Bantam, Bitsy, Doodle, Tickle Me, Forever Violet, Glenwillow and Learn.

I'm surprised none of the MDB's had extra falls this year, although a few SDB's did have 4.

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, Z3
AIS Region 16