Re: PHOTO: sun effect

Griff - Sun or no Sun - that is the question - on an overcast day the colors are definitely more intense and a noticeable difference when the bright sun is one them - some of my light blues look white in the bright sun . attached is a pick of an example like yours - 3 hrs between pics - early morning before the sun cleared the top of the trees around 8 o'clock- sun pic around 11 . big difference . I prefer to take pics on the over cast days or early morning / late evening . But for description purposes I guess it would be your choice .
----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:49:41 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [iris-photos] PHOTO: sun effect

For those who still wonder how much difference it makes whether you take your photo with or without direct sunlight, here are two photos of the same seedling taken moments apart  --  the first without sun, the second with.  Imagine the difference in color description if one were to register this flower twice  --  once with sun and once without.  So, should one register an iris according to the colors seen without sun  --  or with sun?  --  Griff
Griffin's Den

JPEG image

JPEG image