Re: Re: HYB: Seedling with better than average PBF
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: Seedling with better than average PBF
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 03:42:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ted,
That looks a lot like what 'Tennessee Gentleman' pods look like here.
Here's a picture I posted a few years back:

I wonder if you're seedling can be traced back to 'April Melody' which (if I'm remembering correctly) seems to be a common denominator among many of the purple podded ones.

Thomas, Chuck, and Donald;

I have been following this with some interest after I found a seedpod that looked like the attached....anyone seen this dark of seedpod? This is on one of my seedlings attachment #2. This has been on of the cooler spring/early summers in a long time, high temps in the Hi 60's to Lo 70's.