Re: Re: HYB: Small step toward blue-greens?
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: Small step toward blue-greens?
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 03:54:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Margie,
It's an unregistered MTB seedling, from 'Vibrant Rose' x 'Clown Pants'. It usually tends to get a little bit too big to be MTB. I had originally kept it because I liked the "glowy" look that it has. Here's a whole flower shot posted back in 2006.

http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/may06/msg00487.html

You can even sort of see the odd-colored stylearm above the anther in the picture, but I hadn't noticed that at the time. It's only been a few years now that I've been really inspecting seedlings for this sort of thing. This seedling is like 'Vibrant Rose' in that it doesn't make much if any pollen, but it has been setting seedpods with small numbers of seeds in them.
Thanks for asking, Tom