HYB: Seedling arilmedian involving an SDB
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: HYB: Seedling arilmedian involving an SDB
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 04:34:34 EDT

I crossed an OGB tall arilbred seedling of mine with pollen from the late Bennett Jones' delightful and colorful SDB 'Artful Tradition'.  The resulting seedling has the domed standards (though wind-tossed here) and rounded falls of onco form, though it is just 1/4 aril blood.  The beards are orange, pale lavender at the tips.  There is a hint of a signal at the end of the beards and, hopefully, by crossing it back to the right arilbred I can get a stronger signal on it.  I like the pastel coloring and the lavender touches on the standards.  This is a pastel arilmedian of which there are a very few.  I'll keep this one.

Elm