Re: Seedlings and the bad weather years.
  • Subject: Re: Seedlings and the bad weather years.
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 07:54:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Janet,
My garden is experiencing all kinds of strange things this year.  For most, but not all, it seems about the opposite of what you describe.
<<Didn't bloom at all and some, the color of the flower even looks different.>>
In a couple of cases the blooms have been larger and not as pretty.
In the seedlings, I'm seeing more stable, often taller, stalks with great branching and bud count!  It has been wonderful!

My only regret it that it isn't like this every year.
Seedling 1906-03--this one is showing off but the blooms are smaller than usual.
Betty W.
Bridge in Time Irises
KY Zone 6