RE: ID, please
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: RE: ID, please
  • From: David Ferguson <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 00:22:23 -0600

The smaller one is definitely not 'Amas'.  It looks like one of the I. x germanica types (with +/- 44 chromosomes.  'Amas' is a clone of a wild collected tetraploid species that has 48).  I need to look through my photos and see if I have a match as for which specific cultivar it is; however, it does remind me a lot of 'Susa', and that might be worth checking out.

Dave Ferguson
New Mexico
USDA Z7b