HYB: just for fun - family pix
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: HYB: just for fun - family pix
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 10:57:00 -0400

Pollen parent - SEAKIST X white seedling (IMM x CELEBRATION SONG),
ugliest thing I'm still growing (see photo). Good genes, super
substance, occasional pollen...

Pod parent - unknown very late bronze (just opened a couple of days
after DUSKY C started) - makes nice stalks, very durable, reliable
survivor here. Wish I could ID it, but have tried with no luck. Poor
substance, old form, usually not very colorfast, esp in yellow seedlings
so far. Several prolific blooming kids from it.

So these two showy variegatas are IMM great grandchildren. Breeding
potential. Very happy with how bright they are, plus loaded with pollen
& look like they are fairly strong here in the vale. Not much to mix
them with this late, but RAINBOW HIGH is about to open, & I think I
still have some pollen from IMM X MASTERY or maybe that deep gold from
TEA LEAVES X GOLDEN PANTHER....

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7

JPEG image

JPEG image