HYB: Sib of Cricket Song X "PBF/RM"
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: HYB: Sib of Cricket Song X "PBF/RM"
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 19:03:58 -0700 (PDT)

I kind of overlooked this seedling last year but it's growing on me. I attached two pictures because the color varied so much between the two. In reality the true color is somewhere in between the two images.

The parentage is:

pod parent = a robust sibling of 'Cricket Song' that has rebloomed before but not as faithfully as 'Cricket Song' - so Iris cengialtii X 'Clown Pants'.

pollen parent = "PBF/RM" which is itself a cross between two 'Kupari' hybrids - so ('Kupari' X suaveolens var.rubromarginata) X ('Kupari' X 'Rosemary's Dream')

So, not surprisingly (with all those doses of Iris pallida forms - 'Kupari' and cengialtii), this seedling is like a dark purple pallida with a nice sweet fragrance. No signs of wanting to rebloom yet but it still could happen.

image/pjpeg

image/pjpeg