Re: Ruffly style arms.
  • Subject: Re: Ruffly style arms.
  • From: chad schroter <charlesschroter@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 09:00:17 -0700 (PDT)

I'd try a cross on it to see if it's still fertile, otherwise you would be wasting your time.   People threw away the first SA type iris because they thought they were undesirable mutations.  Perhaps this could develop into a "double" iris flower. Double flowers of other types of plants are often 'modified' stamens etc.

Oh I really like the Parisian Dawn seedling, specially the ruffles.  Of those types (pastel bicolor with peach/pink S) which I have, they are a little short, and lowish on bud count. So look for those traits when deciding how to proceed with that seedling.