Re: Re: HYB: seedling DK-y
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: seedling DK-y
  • From: Annette Milch <tmilchh@aol.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 16:00:32 -0400 (EDT)

I think this is lace.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
To: iris-photos <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Fri, May 4, 2012 9:22 am
Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: seedling DK-y

Annette, I'm not really sure what color it is - orangish yellow gold?
If it's bloomed before this year, I suspect it mostly just looks dark
yellow in a "normal" season, whatever that means any more. From a
distance, it looks sort of orange, up close more gold.

> Nice ruffling in the standards. What color would you call it?

Janet, it doesn't have that warty kind of rumpled stuff that seems to be
what most folks call lace, but the edges are serrated. I hadn't notice
the edges till you asked. Not sure if this is considered lace by others
or not.

> Would you consider the edges lacy?

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7b