Re: HYB: freeze survivor
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: freeze survivor
  • From: robert sutton <20060sutton@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 07:37:55 -0700

Linda

Both are very nice, however I especially like the second one, perhaps it's the way the camera caught it, however definitely a winner.
Robert

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 4:26 AM, Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com> wrote:

Mostly not from rebloom breeding (CSONG x ARMAGEDDON) X Shadlow sdlg:
(GOLDEN IMMORTAL x RIO)

Quite a surprise! Most of the seedlings from this cross have been
pretty weak, lost a lot of them early on. A couple of t bearded pinks
bloomed from the cross last year, but I don't remember seeing this one
before. & it's down near the swamp, where freeze damage was the worst.

Another one with color I'm at a loss to describe - maybe this is what BB
calls cocoa pink? pink, tan, cream blend on falls. Definitely has
warty lace. Falls are way too horizontal to suit me. & some might
fault the falls as not being round enough (i.e., quite a bit longer than
wide), but I like it. Esp this year.

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7b