Re: HYB: Dark purple pallida type
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Dark purple pallida type
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 06:50:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Linda,
The last bloom was just about withered but I tried to get a side-by-side comparison with something you might be familiar with. All I could find was a pile of petals I'd removed from 'Honky Tonk Blues' this morning when prepping for pollinations.
I guess it IS a reddish sort of purple but I'd still call it purple.
I hope that helps.

Goodness, Tom. That one looks really red on my monitor! How would you
describe its color compared to others I might know what they look like?

Seems like an amazing color for a diploid species cross.

Linda Mann